Richmond Hill Public Library News Index
Tweedsmuir History
Records

Results

We found
42
matching items
Decade
1950-1959
  
  • A photograph of the old parsonage at the north east corner of Church and Centre St.
  • John Sanderson
        ...
      ...
  • Richmond Hill Annual Agricultural Fair
        The description of the annual agricultural fair in Richmond Hill.
      The description of the annual agricultural fair in Richmond Hill.
  • Early Days in Richmond Hill
        A paper on historical research presented at a meeting of the Richmond Hill Women's Institute October 12, 1950 by Mrs. L. W. Zuefelt.
      A paper on historical research presented at a meeting of the Richmond ...
  • Letter from Toronto Transportation Commission
        A letter of the Toronto Transportation Commission to Mrs. L.W. Zuefelt concerning her request of information related to the history of Richmond Hill.
      A letter of the Toronto Transportation Commission to Mrs. L.W. Zuefelt concerning ...
  • Reeves and Councillors of Richmond Hill
        A list of Reeves and Councillors of the municipality of Richmond Hill from 1873 to 1951.
      A list of Reeves and Councillors of the municipality of Richmond Hill ...
  • Map of Richmond Hill
        1. Waterworks 2. Water tower 3. High School 4. Funeral Parlour 5. R.H.Hairy 6. Tennis Court 7. Municipal building, Library, Police Office, Fire Hall 8. Post Office 9. Public School 10. Cemetery 11. Presbytarian Church 12. Anglican Church 13. Richmond Theater, Liberal Printing Office, Bowling Alley 14. Bank of Commerce ...
      1. Waterworks 2. Water tower 3. High School 4. Funeral Parlour 5. ...
  • Schematic map of Richmond Hill
        Schematic map of Richmond Hill with landmarks indicating bus stops.
      Schematic map of Richmond Hill with landmarks indicating bus stops.
  • Toronto-Richmond Hill Stage Coach
        9006 Toronto-Richmond Hill Stage Coach. (Comm.) Dec 5/31
      9006 Toronto-Richmond Hill Stage Coach. (Comm.) Dec 5/31
  • Map of early mills in Richmond Hill and Vaughan district
        Copied from Historical Atlas of York County (Miles and Co., 1878). Owned by Mrs. Walker Hall, Richmond Hill.
      Copied from Historical Atlas of York County (Miles and Co., 1878). Owned ...
  • Original landowners on Yonge Street
        A list of original landowners on Yonge Street.
      A list of original landowners on Yonge Street.
  • Addition to Richmond Hill High School (1951)
        A photograph of the Richmond Hill High School with the addition built in 1951.
      A photograph of the Richmond Hill High School with the addition built ...
  • Staff of Richmond Hill High School
        Staff of Richmond Hill District High School in 1951. Front row:Miss E.W.Izzard,B.A., Miss P.R. Кearns, В.A., Mrs. В.J. Hurson, B.A., Mrs. G. Dawson (Principal’s Secretary) Principal A.S. Elson, B.A., Mrs. E.A. McAlister, Mrs. E. von den Hoek, B.A., Miss F.B. Hurst, В.A. Back row: J.R. Cross, B.A., E. Lazar, B.A., ...
      Staff of Richmond Hill District High School in 1951. Front row:Miss E.W.Izzard,B.A., ...
  • Board of Richmond Hill High School
        Board of Richmond Hill High School in 1951. Front row: W.J. Mason, Mrs. A.E. McAlister, Sec. M.J. Kinnee, Chairman, Mrs. G.G.L. Hill B.A., Rev. F.J. McGinn. Back row: H.F. Collard, R. Watson, H.P. Charles, J. Maw, G.R. Blake, W.R. Dean.
      Board of Richmond Hill High School in 1951. Front row: W.J. Mason, ...
  • Richmond Hill Tweedsmuir History Scrapbook
    Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), 1957     Tweedsmuir History Scrapbook captures and preserves a history of local community. It contains information on a variety of topics including local Women's Institute Branch, early settlers in the area, agricultural practices, local schools and churches, and prominent personalities.
    Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON: Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario), 1957   Tweedsmuir History Scrapbook captures and preserves a history of local community. It ...
  • At Opening of Child Health Clinic
        Mrs. J. Pollard and Mrs. Douglas Shields, and three months old Linda Carole at the opening of the Child Health Clinic in Richmond Hill, on Monday 3rd, 1952, in the Lions Hall. The Clinic is sponsored by the North York County health Unit in conjunction with the Women's Institute, whose ...
      Mrs. J. Pollard and Mrs. Douglas Shields, and three months old Linda ...
  • 40th anniversary of Richmond Hill Women's Institute
        A photograph of head table guests at 40th anniversary of Richmond Hill Women's Institute. Front row (left to right): Mrs. A. L. Phipps, Past President; Mrs. G. Francey, East York; Mrs. C. Agnew, West York; Mrs. H.H. McKay, President; Mrs. N. Glass; Mrs. R. Cooper. Back row (left to right): ...
      A photograph of head table guests at 40th anniversary of Richmond Hill ...
  • Dancers of Garden City and Sealand Women's Institute
        A photograph of dances from the Garden City and Sealand Women's Institute at dance festival in Wales.
      A photograph of dances from the Garden City and Sealand Women's Institute ...
  • Richmond Hill Public Library
        A photograph of the Richmond Hill public library erected on Wright St. Officially opened on 20 June 1959.
      A photograph of the Richmond Hill public library erected on Wright St. ...
  • Arena in Richmond Hill
        A photograph of arena in Richmond Hill.
      A photograph of arena in Richmond Hill.
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.

thumbnail








Tweedsmuir History


Tweedsmuir Histories were perhaps the first “organized”, although amateur approach to recording local history. The idea was articulated by Susan Buchan, Baroness Tweedsmuir, who was the wife of John Buchan, Baron Tweedsmuir, and Governor General of Canada in 1935-1940. This digital collection contains materials from the scrapbook compiled by the members of the Richmond Hill Branch of Women's Institute. The include photographs, maps, reports, programs, and historical essays.