Richmond Hill Public Library News Index

Results

We found
74
matching items
Geographic Location
Richmond Hill
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Hall's house
    Image       2009.1 (acquisition number) 59 Centre St. E.
    Image     2009.1 (acquisition number) 59 Centre St. E.
  • McLean Homestead
    Image       front side: where I was born back side: McLean Homestead Lot 40 Mr. R. Lynett - please return
    Image     front side: where I was born back side: McLean Homestead Lot 40 Mr. R. Lynett - please return
  • McLean Homestead
    Image       A photograph of the McLean Homestead on Yonge Street, Lot 40.
    Image     A photograph of the McLean Homestead on Yonge Street, Lot 40.
  • Kinnear Home
    Image       A photograph of the Kinnear Home, Lot 52, Yonge St.
    Image     A photograph of the Kinnear Home, Lot 52, Yonge St.
  • Crosby Hall
    Image       Written sideways: Genuine Photograph Mfg. by Photo Specialty Co. Handwriting: Angles House Lynett
    Image     Written sideways: Genuine Photograph Mfg. by Photo Specialty Co. Handwriting: Angles House Lynett
  • Martin McLeod House ("Drynoch")
    Image       A photograph of Drynoch, the residence of Captain Martin Macleod, west of Yonge Street and north of Jefferson Sideroad.
    Image     A photograph of Drynoch, the residence of Captain Martin Macleod, west of Yonge Street and north of Jefferson Sideroad.
  • Dominion House
    Image       A photograph of the stagecoach at the Dominion House (formerly Dalby's Tavern), a mainstay of Richmond Hill's nineteenth-century hospitality industry. The Dominion House was located on the east side of Yonge Street, south of the Trench Carriage Works.
    Image     A photograph of the stagecoach at the Dominion House (formerly Dalby's Tavern), a mainstay of Richmond Hill's nineteenth-century hospitality industry. The Dominion House was located on the east side of ...
  • Richmond Hill Methodist Church
    Image       A photograph of the first building of Richmond Hill Methodist Church. In 1880, Mr. C. Mason built a shop on old church site.
    Image     A photograph of the first building of Richmond Hill Methodist Church. In 1880, Mr. C. Mason built a shop on old church site.
  • Fulton/Vanderburgh House
    Image       A photograph of the Fulton/Vanderburgh House at 32 Hillsview Avenue. The house was built in the 1840s.
    Image     A photograph of the Fulton/Vanderburgh House at 32 Hillsview Avenue. The house was built in the 1840s.
  • Typical village house
    Image       A photograph of a typical village house built in the 1850s.
    Image     A photograph of a typical village house built in the 1850s.
  • Colonel Moodie house
    Image       A photograph of Mrs. James Graham (Marion Smith), spouse of William H. Graham, in front of the old house owned by Robert and Frances Moodie (lot 49 East on Yonge Street).
    Image     A photograph of Mrs. James Graham (Marion Smith), spouse of William H. Graham, in front of the old house owned by Robert and Frances Moodie (lot 49 East on Yonge ...
  • O'Brien farm house
    Image       A photograph of Edward and Mary O'Brien's farm house in Vaughan Township (lot 29, con. 2) as it appeared in 1968.
    Image     A photograph of Edward and Mary O'Brien's farm house in Vaughan Township (lot 29, con. 2) as it appeared in 1968.
  • Duncan house
    Image       A photograph of the house built by Richard Gapper on the east side of Yonge Street near today's 16th Avenue, later occupied by the William Duncan family.
    Image     A photograph of the house built by Richard Gapper on the east side of Yonge Street near today's 16th Avenue, later occupied by the William Duncan family.
  • Burr House
    Image       A photograph of the Burr House. "In the 1820s, sawmill owner Rowland Burr built a four room Ontario cottage. It was constructed using planks laid flat one on top of each other and then spiked together and covered with rough cast plaster. The house (circa 1823) is one of the ...
    Image     A photograph of the Burr House. "In the 1820s, sawmill owner Rowland Burr built a four room Ontario cottage. It was constructed using planks laid flat one on top of ...
  • Home built by James Miles
    Image       A photograph of the home built by James Miles, son of Abner Miles, at the southwest corner of Yonge Street and Major Mackenzie Drive, as it looked in 1885. The home was occupied for many years by Miles' nephew James Playter Jr., and later by the Boyle family. David Boyle ...
    Image     A photograph of the home built by James Miles, son of Abner Miles, at the southwest corner of Yonge Street and Major Mackenzie Drive, as it looked in 1885. The ...
  • Early view of "Richmond Villa"
    Image       One of the early photographs of the "Richmond Villa," home of the Abraham Law family. The house was demolished in 1952.
    Image     One of the early photographs of the "Richmond Villa," home of the Abraham Law family. The house was demolished in 1952.
  • Dr. Gray's residence
    Image       A photograph of Dr. Gray's residence at the north-east corner of Yonge and Major Mackenzie.
    Image     A photograph of Dr. Gray's residence at the north-east corner of Yonge and Major Mackenzie.
  • "Richmond Villa"
    Image       "Richmond Villa", the Law homestead in Richmond Hill, Ont. Built in 1832 for Abraham (Abram) Law, Esq., J.P., first Reeve of Richmond Hill. His wife Elizabeth (Klinck) Law on the verandah.
    Image     "Richmond Villa", the Law homestead in Richmond Hill, Ont. Built in 1832 for Abraham (Abram) Law, Esq., J.P., first Reeve of Richmond Hill. His wife Elizabeth (Klinck) Law on the ...
  • Langstaff family residence
    Image       A photograph of the early Langstaff family residence at Langstaff.
    Image     A photograph of the early Langstaff family residence at Langstaff.
  • Coon house in Oak Ridges
    Image       A photograph of the Coon house in Oak Ridges, north of King Sideroad. This house, originally owned by the Hughey family, was built in the mid-19th century.
    Image     A photograph of the Coon house in Oak Ridges, north of King Sideroad. This house, originally owned by the Hughey family, was built in the mid-19th century.
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
Years
18501850185118521853185418551856185718581859
18601860186118621863186418651866186718681869
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
18801880188118821883188418851886188718881889
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
Creative Commons Rights
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit