Richmond Hill Presbyterian Church
The beginning

The Richmond Hill Presbyterian Church was organized by the first minister, the Reverend William Jenkins, a graduate of Edinburgh University. The first church was built in 1821, and the present church was erected in 1880 at a cost of $6,366 during the ministry of the Rev. Isaac Campbell. In 1915 during the ministry of the Rev. Robert Herbison a pipe organ was installed, and in 1917 the centenary of the congregation was celebrated. From its foundation in 1817 to 1942 this old mother church has had the following ministers:

Rev. William Jenkins, I817-1843
Rev. Walter Scott, 1845-1847
Rev. James Dick, 1847-1877
Rev. Isaac Campbell, 1877-1884
Rev. J. W. Cameron, 1884-1887
Rev. W.W. Percival, 1887-1894
Rev. James Grant, 1894-1909
Rev. E.C. Currie, 1909-1913
Rev. Robert Herbison, 1914-1918
Rev. W.M. Hay, 1919-1923
Rev. J.W. McIntosh, 1923-1925
Rev. Malcolm Campbell, 1926 and 1927
Rev. Charles A. Mullin, 1928 and 1929
Rev. David Marshall, 1929-1933
Rev. J.D. Cunningham, 1934-1940
Rev. S.W. Hirtle, 1941-1955
Rev. J.N. Hepburn, 1955-
Richmond Hill Presbyterian Church
Richmond Hill Presbyterian Church Details
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit