Royal visit to Richmond Hill
- Jean Zuepelt Carle, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A photograph of King George VI and Queen Elizabeth on a train passing through Richmond Hill.
- On June 6, 1939, the train bearing their Majesties, King George VI and Queen Elizabeth passed through Richmond Hill. On the platform to greet them were Girl Guides, Brownies, Boy Scouts and Cubs in their uniforms, the pupils of Public and High Schools, children from the L.T.B. and O. Home as well as townspeople and folks from far and near.
Two pipers resplendent in their Teilts, played on the lawn east of the station.
Little Margaret Scott carried a bouquet of Richmond Hill roses to be tossed to the Queen. It fell short and was later delivered to the train in Toronto. (from Tweedsmuir History)
- Date of Original:
- 6 Jun 1939
Width: 18 cm
Height: 13 cm
- Richmond Hill Public Library. Tweedsmuir History Collection
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Richmond Hill Public Library
Agency street/mail address
1 Atkinson St, Richmond Hill, ON L4C 0H5