Richmond Hill Public Library News Index
Tweedsmuir History


Records

Results

We found
100
matching items
  • History of Yonge Street
    Exhibit       An early history of Yonge Street, a major arterial route connecting Toronto with Lake Simcoe area, with the description of its construction, transportation services, and buildings erected along it.
    Exhibit     An early history of Yonge Street, a major arterial route connecting Toronto with Lake Simcoe area, with the description of its construction, transportation services, and buildings erected along it.
  • Map of early mills in Richmond Hill and Vaughan district
    Image       Copied from Historical Atlas of York County (Miles and Co., 1878). Owned by Mrs. Walker Hall, Richmond Hill.
    Image     Copied from Historical Atlas of York County (Miles and Co., 1878). Owned by Mrs. Walker Hall, Richmond Hill.
  • Early mills near Richmond Hill
    Exhibit       A list of mills built in Richmond Hill and Markham area in the late eighteenth - early nineteenth century with the description of their functions, locations, and ownership.
    Exhibit     A list of mills built in Richmond Hill and Markham area in the late eighteenth - early nineteenth century with the description of their functions, locations, and ownership.
  • Toronto-Richmond Hill Stage Coach
    Image       9006 Toronto-Richmond Hill Stage Coach. (Comm.) Dec 5/31
    Image     9006 Toronto-Richmond Hill Stage Coach. (Comm.) Dec 5/31
  • Schematic map of Richmond Hill
    Image       Schematic map of Richmond Hill with landmarks indicating bus stops.
    Image     Schematic map of Richmond Hill with landmarks indicating bus stops.
  • Early Days in Richmond Hill
    Text       A paper on historical research presented at a meeting of the Richmond Hill Women's Institute October 12, 1950 by Mrs. L. W. Zuefelt.
    Text     A paper on historical research presented at a meeting of the Richmond Hill Women's Institute October 12, 1950 by Mrs. L. W. Zuefelt.
  • Reeve J. A. Greene
    Image       A photograph of Reeve J. A. Greene, the first reeve of Richmond Hill to die while holding office.
    Image     A photograph of Reeve J. A. Greene, the first reeve of Richmond Hill to die while holding office.
  • Waterworks building
    Image       A photograph depicting Mill Street Waterworks building.
    Image     A photograph depicting Mill Street Waterworks building.
  • Arena in Richmond Hill
    Image       A photograph of arena in Richmond Hill.
    Image     A photograph of arena in Richmond Hill.
  • Board of Richmond Hill High School
    Image       Board of Richmond Hill High School in 1951. Front row: W.J. Mason, Mrs. A.E. McAlister, Sec. M.J. Kinnee, Chairman, Mrs. G.G.L. Hill B.A., Rev. F.J. McGinn. Back row: H.F. Collard, R. Watson, H.P. Charles, J. Maw, G.R. Blake, W.R. Dean.
    Image     Board of Richmond Hill High School in 1951. Front row: W.J. Mason, Mrs. A.E. McAlister, Sec. M.J. Kinnee, Chairman, Mrs. G.G.L. Hill B.A., Rev. F.J. McGinn. Back row: H.F. Collard, ...
  • Staff of Richmond Hill High School
    Image       Staff of Richmond Hill District High School in 1951. Front row:Miss E.W.Izzard,B.A., Miss P.R. Кearns, В.A., Mrs. В.J. Hurson, B.A., Mrs. G. Dawson (Principal’s Secretary) Principal A.S. Elson, B.A., Mrs. E.A. McAlister, Mrs. E. von den Hoek, B.A., Miss F.B. Hurst, В.A. Back row: J.R. Cross, B.A., E. Lazar, B.A., ...
    Image     Staff of Richmond Hill District High School in 1951. Front row:Miss E.W.Izzard,B.A., Miss P.R. Кearns, В.A., Mrs. В.J. Hurson, B.A., Mrs. G. Dawson (Principal’s Secretary) Principal A.S. Elson, B.A., Mrs. ...
  • Addition to Richmond Hill High School (1951)
    Image       A photograph of the Richmond Hill High School with the addition built in 1951.
    Image     A photograph of the Richmond Hill High School with the addition built in 1951.
  • Reeves and Councillors of Richmond Hill
    Text       A list of Reeves and Councillors of the municipality of Richmond Hill from 1873 to 1951.
    Text     A list of Reeves and Councillors of the municipality of Richmond Hill from 1873 to 1951.
  • Letter from Toronto Transportation Commission
    Text       A letter of the Toronto Transportation Commission to Mrs. L.W. Zuefelt concerning her request of information related to the history of Richmond Hill.
    Text     A letter of the Toronto Transportation Commission to Mrs. L.W. Zuefelt concerning her request of information related to the history of Richmond Hill.
  • Helicopter
    Image       A photograph of a helicopter that delivered 3,000 letters during Stamp Day celebration in Richmond Hill.
    Image     A photograph of a helicopter that delivered 3,000 letters during Stamp Day celebration in Richmond Hill.
  • Pony rider
    Image       A photograph of a pony rider who delivered 300 letters during Stamp Day in Richmond Hill.
    Image     A photograph of a pony rider who delivered 300 letters during Stamp Day in Richmond Hill.
  • Stage Coach
    Image       A photograph of a stage coach operated in Richmond Hill.
    Image     A photograph of a stage coach operated in Richmond Hill.
  • Postmaster E.T. Willis
    Image       A photograph of postmaster E.T. Willis and his assistant Mrs. E. Stewart boarding a stage coach.
    Image     A photograph of postmaster E.T. Willis and his assistant Mrs. E. Stewart boarding a stage coach.
  • Prize-winning speech given by Bruce Langstaff
    Exhibit       Prize-winning speech given by Bruce Langstaff, Richmond Hill Public School, February, 1952.
    Exhibit     Prize-winning speech given by Bruce Langstaff, Richmond Hill Public School, February, 1952.
  • At Opening of Child Health Clinic
    Image       Mrs. J. Pollard and Mrs. Douglas Shields, and three months old Linda Carole at the opening of the Child Health Clinic in Richmond Hill, on Monday 3rd, 1952, in the Lions Hall. The Clinic is sponsored by the North York County health Unit in conjunction with the Women's Institute, whose ...
    Image     Mrs. J. Pollard and Mrs. Douglas Shields, and three months old Linda Carole at the opening of the Child Health Clinic in Richmond Hill, on Monday 3rd, 1952, in the ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.










Tweedsmuir History


Tweedsmuir Histories were perhaps the first “organized”, although amateur approach to recording local history. The idea was articulated by Susan Buchan, Baroness Tweedsmuir, who was the wife of John Buchan, Baron Tweedsmuir, and Governor General of Canada in 1935-1940. This digital collection contains materials from the scrapbook compiled by the members of the Richmond Hill Branch of Women's Institute. The include photographs, maps, reports, programs, and historical essays.