Richmond Hill Public Library News Index
Tweedsmuir History


Records

Results

We found
100
matching items
  • Photograph of Stage Coach
    Image       A photograph of the Stage Coach renovated by the Toronto Transportation Commission and kept in their museum.
    Image     A photograph of the Stage Coach renovated by the Toronto Transportation Commission and kept in their museum.
  • Early mills near Richmond Hill
    Exhibit       A list of mills built in Richmond Hill and Markham area in the late eighteenth - early nineteenth century with the description of their functions, locations, and ownership.
    Exhibit     A list of mills built in Richmond Hill and Markham area in the late eighteenth - early nineteenth century with the description of their functions, locations, and ownership.
  • Map of early mills in Richmond Hill and Vaughan district
    Image       Copied from Historical Atlas of York County (Miles and Co., 1878). Owned by Mrs. Walker Hall, Richmond Hill.
    Image     Copied from Historical Atlas of York County (Miles and Co., 1878). Owned by Mrs. Walker Hall, Richmond Hill.
  • Old mill on Mill St. South
    Image       A photograph of the old mill on Mill St. South on Waterworks Pond.
    Image     A photograph of the old mill on Mill St. South on Waterworks Pond.
  • Remains of water wheel at Mill St. mill
    Image       A photograph of the remains of water wheel at Mill St. mill.
    Image     A photograph of the remains of water wheel at Mill St. mill.
  • Original landowners on Yonge Street
    Text       A list of original landowners on Yonge Street.
    Text     A list of original landowners on Yonge Street.
  • Biographical sketches of prominent residents of Richmond Hill
    Exhibit       Biographical sketches of prominent residents of Richmond Hill derived from various sources and prepared for the Tweedsmuir History.
    Exhibit     Biographical sketches of prominent residents of Richmond Hill derived from various sources and prepared for the Tweedsmuir History.
  • First School in Richmond Hill
    Image       A drawing of the first school in Richmond Hill established in an abandoned building in 1810.
    Image     A drawing of the first school in Richmond Hill established in an abandoned building in 1810.
  • Richmond Hill Public School (1849)
    Image       A photograph of the Richmond Hill Public School built in 1849. Picture taken in 1908.
    Image     A photograph of the Richmond Hill Public School built in 1849. Picture taken in 1908.
  • Schools of Richmond Hill
    Exhibit       This essay outlines the history of education in Richmond Hill, Ont., focusing on the school buildings and the formation of the Board of Education.
    Exhibit     This essay outlines the history of education in Richmond Hill, Ont., focusing on the school buildings and the formation of the Board of Education.
  • Richmond Hill High School (1897)
    Image       A photograph of the Richmond Hill High School built at the corner of Yonge and Wright streets.
    Image     A photograph of the Richmond Hill High School built at the corner of Yonge and Wright streets.
  • Richmond Hill High School (1924)
    Image       A photograph of the renovated High School in Richmond Hill on Wright St.
    Image     A photograph of the renovated High School in Richmond Hill on Wright St.
  • Addition to Richmond Hill High School (1951)
    Image       A photograph of the Richmond Hill High School with the addition built in 1951.
    Image     A photograph of the Richmond Hill High School with the addition built in 1951.
  • Staff of Richmond Hill High School
    Image       Staff of Richmond Hill District High School in 1951. Front row:Miss E.W.Izzard,B.A., Miss P.R. Кearns, В.A., Mrs. В.J. Hurson, B.A., Mrs. G. Dawson (Principal’s Secretary) Principal A.S. Elson, B.A., Mrs. E.A. McAlister, Mrs. E. von den Hoek, B.A., Miss F.B. Hurst, В.A. Back row: J.R. Cross, B.A., E. Lazar, B.A., ...
    Image     Staff of Richmond Hill District High School in 1951. Front row:Miss E.W.Izzard,B.A., Miss P.R. Кearns, В.A., Mrs. В.J. Hurson, B.A., Mrs. G. Dawson (Principal’s Secretary) Principal A.S. Elson, B.A., Mrs. ...
  • Board of Richmond Hill High School
    Image       Board of Richmond Hill High School in 1951. Front row: W.J. Mason, Mrs. A.E. McAlister, Sec. M.J. Kinnee, Chairman, Mrs. G.G.L. Hill B.A., Rev. F.J. McGinn. Back row: H.F. Collard, R. Watson, H.P. Charles, J. Maw, G.R. Blake, W.R. Dean.
    Image     Board of Richmond Hill High School in 1951. Front row: W.J. Mason, Mrs. A.E. McAlister, Sec. M.J. Kinnee, Chairman, Mrs. G.G.L. Hill B.A., Rev. F.J. McGinn. Back row: H.F. Collard, ...
  • Pupils of Richmond Hill Public School
    Image       Boys of Richmond Hill Public School, October T9I3 . Teachers: Miss Trench, Mrs. McConagfhy, Mr. A.E. Lehhman.
    Image     Boys of Richmond Hill Public School, October T9I3 . Teachers: Miss Trench, Mrs. McConagfhy, Mr. A.E. Lehhman.
  • Pupils of Richmond Hill School
    Image       Some pupils of Richmond Hill School in about 1912: Магу Hunt, Mabel Hagerman, Annie Ellis, Doris Innes, Lorretto Robinson, Mildred Wright, Madeline Cooper, Amy Smith, Cora Benson, Susie Blanchard, Thurza Kirkland, Rhoda Tuck, Mabel Sims, Hazel Monkman, Annie Marsh, Jno.Palmer, Geo. Wiley, Bob Mansbridge, Stan Ransom, Stewart Kidd, Roy McKenzie, ...
    Image     Some pupils of Richmond Hill School in about 1912: Магу Hunt, Mabel Hagerman, Annie Ellis, Doris Innes, Lorretto Robinson, Mildred Wright, Madeline Cooper, Amy Smith, Cora Benson, Susie Blanchard, Thurza ...
  • Choir of Presbyterian Church
    Image       A photograph of the Choir at the dedication of the new organ in the Presbyterian Church in 1914.
    Image     A photograph of the Choir at the dedication of the new organ in the Presbyterian Church in 1914.
  • Richmond Hill Presbyterian Church
    Exhibit       A history of the Richmond Hill Presbyterian Church, containing list of ministers, history of buildings, description of activities of congregation, and a Treasurer's Report.
    Exhibit     A history of the Richmond Hill Presbyterian Church, containing list of ministers, history of buildings, description of activities of congregation, and a Treasurer's Report.
  • Reverend J. W. Cameron
    Image       A photograph of Reverend J. W. Cameron, minister of the Richmond Hill Presbyterian Church in 1884-1887.
    Image     A photograph of Reverend J. W. Cameron, minister of the Richmond Hill Presbyterian Church in 1884-1887.
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.










Tweedsmuir History


Tweedsmuir Histories were perhaps the first “organized”, although amateur approach to recording local history. The idea was articulated by Susan Buchan, Baroness Tweedsmuir, who was the wife of John Buchan, Baron Tweedsmuir, and Governor General of Canada in 1935-1940. This digital collection contains materials from the scrapbook compiled by the members of the Richmond Hill Branch of Women's Institute. The include photographs, maps, reports, programs, and historical essays.