- York Herald, 23 Dec 1859, p. 2
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Minutes of the Markham council meeting held 15 Dec. 1859. Topics discussed included: planning and funding for school sections, financial aid for indigent persons, building a bridge over the Rouge River, an explanation of the balance sheet by the treasurer (H.P. Crosby), decision to tender printing jobs, changing a by-law that affects school sections; restrictions on liquor sales; and a new by-law affecting the location of voting stations.
Con. 7, Lots 33, 34, Markham; School sections 7, 12, 13, 16, 17; Con. 9, Lots 19, 34, 35, Markham; Con. 4, Lot 31, Markham; By-law no. 99; Con. 8, Lot 55, Markham
- Date of Publication:
- 23 Dec 1859
- Personal Name(s):
- Fenwick, J. ; Stewart, Jane ; Windsor, R. ; Marsh Mr. ; Bowman, Mr. ; Horner, D. ; Gibson, James ; Button, Mr. ; Gormley, James ; Crosby, H. P. ; Feely, George ; Gormley, James ; Eakin, William ; Alexander, Arthur ; Shaw, Thomas ; Reesor, David ; Marr, Rufus ; Haacke, G.
- Corporate Name(s):
- Size's Hotel ; Orange Hall, Brown's Corners ; Nichol's Hotel ; Darose's Hotel ; Mapes' Hotel
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Richmond Hill Public Library
Agency street/mail address
1 Atkinson St, Richmond Hill, ON L4C 0H5