- York Herald, 1 Feb 1861, p. 2
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Convention of teachers of Upper Canada to discuss formation of a Provincial Teachers' Association. A draft of the constitution and by-laws were adopted, followed by an election of office-bearers.
From the Globe (published in the Journal of Education).
Convention held in the County Court Room at Adelaide Street.
- Date of Publication:
- 1 Feb 1861
- Personal Name(s):
- Robertson, T. J. ; Nixon, Thomas ; Jennings, Rev. Dr. ; Alexander, Robert ; Irwin, Mr. ; Sangster, Mr. ; McCallum, A. ; Carlyle, Mr. ; McKee, T. ; Thompson, J. ; Brown, Mr. ; Clark, Mrs. ; McLelland, Jas ; Campbell, Alex. ; Anderson, William ; Hay, Angus ; Acres, J. W. ; Kidd, Mr. ; Morton, Mr. ; Groat, Mr. ; McShea, Mr. ; Frood, Mr. ; Cameron, Mr. ; Vardon, Mr. ; McFarlane, Mr. ; Young, Mr. ; Carlton, Mr. Henderson, Mr. ; Stafford, Mr. ; Taylor, Mr. ; Brown, Mr. ; McDairmid, Mr. ; Reid, Mr. ; McGaan, Mr.
- Corporate Name(s):
- York Teachers'Association ; Provincial Teachers' Association ; Teachers Association of Canada West ;
County Court Room ; Toronto Globe
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Richmond Hill Public Library
Agency street/mail address
1 Atkinson St, Richmond Hill, ON L4C 0H5